Published by fioreh on Fri, 03/27/2015 - 11:00
Ian Ballard is an Executive-in-Residence with Forrest.
The Executive-in-Residence program is an extension of our Partners-for-Life initiative. It is designed to provide support to clients as they evolve through various career changes when they leave a company. An unpaid position, this program offers a client, between jobs, an opportunity to enhance their resume by joining Forrest. Here they can have access to an office and participate in our day-to-day business, helping on various projects, especially sales, learning our business and developing their skills before departing to their next assignment.
Ian is a seasoned Financial Services Technology Executive with industry experience in Retail Banking, Capital Markets and Wealth Management. He has spent the majority of his career leading significant change in large, diverse, multi geographic, multi-functional organisational groups as part of internal initiatives, business and technology outsourcing, and business acquisitions and divestitures. He is known as a developer of people driving ideas, efficiencies and cost savings.
His recent experience, as VP Technology Management Office for Global Banking and Markets for a large Canada-based International Bank, saw him overseeing the implementation of strategic change to bolster ineffective and risky technology processes. In this role, he:
- Created and implemented a stage-gate governed Project Delivery Framework that significantly mitigated project portfolio execution risk
- Replaced and redesigned the logical access management processes for the global wholesale banking, treasury, risk management and Wealth business units, reducing risk to acceptable levels and improving the operational efficiency of the underlying processes through workflow automation
- Implemented a centralized Quality Assurance (QA) function that significantly improved the quality of releases, reducing rollbacks and post implementation defect remediation and regression test execution cost through the creation of test automation harnesses.
- Established an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Operational implementation Program that implemented Incident Management and Request Fulfilment
- Implemented a technology strategic planning process for the technology group and put in place a governance and change communication framework for strategy execution
Ian holds a Masters of Computation (Computer Science) and a Masters of Business Administration from McMaster University, and a Masters of Arts, Engineering from Cambridge University. He lives in High Park, Toronto, where he and his spouse have raised three daughters. He loves cooking and wilderness travel, and golfs infrequently and badly, but with much enjoyment.